Become a member of the RASC Vancouver Centre!
RASC Vancouver Centre is a charitable society whose purpose is to advance education on astronomy and allied sciences by providing presentations, workshops, seminars, and outreach programs.
By becoming a member, you will:
Give and receive SUPPORT
- Help the society’s Education and outreach programs
- Enjoy observing the wonders of the universe as part of a community of amateur and professional astronomers who learn from one another
- A printed copy of the annual RASC Observer’s Handbook – the standard North American reference for data on the sky and guide to the year’s astronomical events
- Six electronic copies of the Journal – publishing research and review papers by professional and amateur astronomers, as well as general interest astronomy articles
Get access to RESOURCES
- The Centre’s library, containing over 500 astronomical books
- The Centre’s telescope loaner program, so you can try out different telescope types
- NEW! Time on the SFU Trottier Observatory telescope to pursue astronomy projects – by application
Be able to get involved and have an IMPACT
- Voting in election of Council members and in general votes
- Attending the monthly Vancouver Centre Council meetings, to observe or make a presentation
- Running for election to join Council
- Volunteering at our public events
- Submitting articles or photos for publication in the Centre’s bimonthly newsletter, NOVA
- Attending the annual RASC National General Assembly – a multi-day conference with workshops, speakers, sessions, tours, and the RASC Annual Meeting and Banquet
Get other DEALS & DISCOUNTS
- as described on the RASC National website
The yearly membership types for the Vancouver Centre of RASC are:
- Individual youth membership (under 21 or full-time students under 25)
- Individual adult membership
- Family membership
The RASC national membership site has the most up-to-date fees.
Want to learn more about RASC Vancouver Centre? See what we do.