Legacy Fund Project Application Guidelines
The RASC Vancouver Centre Council wants to encourage members and affiliates to submit ideas that will enhance our activities as an astronomical society and assist in raising our public profile. The development and delivery of certain of these ideas may require financial support. This is possible under the Legacy Funds and applicants need to be guided by the following:
- Grants made available from these funds must enhance the ability of the RASC Vancouver Centre to carry out its mandate as an educational organization and be consistent with the requirements of the CRA Charities Directorate.
- Applications must be compatible with the mandate and objectives of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.
- All ideas must have a public outreach focus. Funds cannot be used to benefit members other than from knowledge or skill they might acquire and share as a result of the specific project.
- All proposals must be for activities that can be delivered to the general public within 12 months of initial funding. Exceptions will be considered for unique circumstances.
- All applications must include a budget and are to be submitted to the President of the RASC Vancouver Centre for consideration.